Senior Facade Project Manager
London, City of London - Greater London
SENIOR FAÇADE PROJECT MANAGER- FACADES - LONDON BASED SITES - CONSTRUCTION
With a positive growth plan in place our UK Facades Division is looking for talented individuals who are given the responsibility to take control of projects.
As part of this continued success, we are offering a position for an ambitious Senior Facade Project Manager, where you will gain exposure to a number of exciting and architecturally impressive building projects which include projects across the UK.
Typical UKF projects range from £40-60 million.
Successful candidates will become part of the Facade Management team responsible for delivering the full detailing and scheduling to the complete façade package on several exciting new residential projects across London. They must possess the enthusiasm and drive to efficiently deliver all aspects of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day aspects of the project
- Driving the project outcomes.
- Maintaining the health and safety in the project
- Assisting in developing the procurement strategy
- Assisting in developing the construction and logistics strategy for façade elements
- Managing the scope work package and assisting in developing strategic package programmes
- Defining verification strategy for package test and inspection plans
- Managing and leading the façade project team, including designers, consultants and specialist contractors
- Maintaining close relationships with clients, designers, façade subcontractors and with other members of the Mace project team
- Participating in recruitment or assignment of site supervisors/construction managers
- Leading the interface workshop meetings with interfacing trades and relevant designers/consultants
- Completing monthly façade dashboards for each envelope package part of the project and cooperation/support to monthly façade audits
- Recording and monitoring the façade works progress
- Promoting actively and challenging health and safety on aspects of the envelope projects
- Assisting the commercial manager with procurement and commercial management
- Managing all aspects of programme monitoring
- Working with the design management with the assistance of the design manager
- Managing and monitoring all aspects of construction on site.
- Previous experience within a main contractor environment.
- Conversant with CDM and all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Fluent in planning, constructability logistics and third party interface issues.
- Good understanding of façade design basics, ability to interpret documentation produced by others and identify potential issue and/or able to seek and obtain expert input.
- Robust understanding of project planning/construction sequence and dependencies between envelope works and other building elements/components.
- Effective communication skills.
- Robust understanding of commercial, contractual issues and accurate reporting skills.
- Previous experience of working for a top tier facade contractor would be desirable.
- A degree qualification is preferred but is not essential.
- Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
Possible career growth for the right candidate
An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
A stimulating & dynamic environment
Dedicated Training & Development Department
Team bonding events
We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner