Joining the JRL Group of Companies you will become a member of the Pre-Construction Team of UK Facades Ltd, working mainly alongside Planners, Quantity Surveyors and Designers.
UK Facades Ltd offer a complete façade solution primarily for the residential market, from initial preliminary design to practical site completion, utilising many materials including SFS, Curtain Walling systems, various Rain Screen systems (including Aluminium, Insulated Render, Zinc, Terne Steel, Stone, etc.), complex feature fascias and copings, as well as GRC and Precast concrete cladding.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the estimating process of building envelopes in high value projects. The candidate will receive extensive and thorough assistance by our Estimating Team and will have the opportunity to progress throughout the Company. In the early phase of your employment, you’d need to familiarize with the scope of works of UK Facades, interpret technical drawings, recognize materials, understand wall build-ups, take digital measures, compile bills of quantities, assess quotes, understand the labour element and learn to cope with the software packages being used. Gradually you’ll get more responsibilities of doing take-offs and pricing projects and eventually you’ll price your own projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Support the estimating team
· Do On-Screen Take Offs
· Prepare Bill of Quantities,
· Compile budgets; involving materials, labour, required equipment and prelims
· Process and coordinate quotes from different entities
· Work closely with senior staff members, design teams and sub-contractors to assemble accurate and up to date quotes.
· Familiarize with the cohesion between details and the final products
· Documenting and archiving estimating related documents.
· Participating in meetings with Main Contractors, Suppliers etc to discuss the project details
· Completing other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder’s level assigned by Senior staff.
· Qualifications - HNC level qualification or above, preferably in construction or engineering related subject
· Residential experience preferable
· Key Skills –Experience in Microsoft Office (essential). Quick learner (essential). Technically minded with high attention to detail. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Essential).Reliable. Ability to work effectively both alone and contributing to a team environment. Ability to read technical drawings.
UK Facades Ltd. aims to plan out progressive and tailor made career paths for their employees. We’d like you to progress within your role and become an experienced Estimator. You’ll be an integral member of the company, being able to price and recognize the financial pitfalls and opportunities in the industry. Estimators tend to stay within the Estimating role and grow towards a Senior status, or switch to a Quantity Surveying position and eventually develop into a managerial role.
Benefits of the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner