Junior Planner - Facades
Putney, Wandsworth - Greater London
JUNIOR PLANNER - UK FACADES - PUTNEY - CONSTRUCTION - JRL GROUP
Joining the JRL Group of Companies you will become a member of the Pre-Construction Team of UK Facades Ltd, working alongside Estimators, Planners, Designers, Project Managers and Operational Managers. UK Facades Ltd offer a complete façade solution primarily for the residential market, from initial preliminary design to practical site completion, utilising many materials including SFS, Curtain Walling systems, various Rain Screen systems (including Aluminium, Insulated Render, Zinc, Terne Steel, Stone, etc.), complex feature fascias and copings, as well as GRC and Precast concrete cladding.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the construction of building envelopes in high value projects, including collaborative work with other divisions of the JRL Group. The candidate will receive extensive and thorough assistance by our Pre-Construction Team as well as the Operational Teams and will have the opportunity to progress throughout the teams. In the early phase of your employment, you’ll be mainly learning about building sequences, materials, design allocations and the software packages being used. Gradually you’ll get more responsibilities in programming and reporting back to senior management and directors. You’ll become one of our most valuable members of our company, safeguarding the time element of our projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the planning function, which involves creating and managing project schedules at a detailed level.
- Maintain, process and coordinate information from different entities
- Work closely with senior management, project teams, design teams and sub-contractors to maintain accurate and up to date data for different stages of projects.
- Track and evaluate progress of live sites and the pre-construction phases.
- Apply agreed planning standards and ensure they are adopted and embedded across the programmes.
- Be (-come) a HS&E Certified professional to be able to be on sites.
- Familiarize with the cohesion between details and the final products
- Documenting and archiving planning related documents.
- Participating in meetings with Main Contractors, Suppliers etc to discuss the project details
- Liaising with manufacturers, suppliers and site staff for the duration of the project
- Completing other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder’s level assigned by Senior staff.
- Qualifications - HNC level qualification or above, preferably in construction or engineering related subject
- Experience preferable, but not necessary
- Key Skills –Experience in Microsoft Office (essential). Quick learner (essential). Technically minded with high attention to detail. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Essential). Ability to work effectively both alone and contributing to a team environment. Ability to read technical drawings.
UK Facades Ltd. aims to plan out progressive and tailor made career paths for their employees. We’d like you to progress within your role and become an experienced Planner. Knowing the content and recognize causal effects of planning related documents, and potentially develop yourself into a managerial role.
Benefits of the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner