Facade Assistant Project Manager
London, City of London - Greater London
Are you an Assistant Facade Project Manager looking for new and exciting construction opportunities?
The JRL Group as a whole business is currently experiencing growth and as such seeks to strengthen within our UK Facades site teams. Typical UKF projects range from £20-30 million.
UK Facades offer a complete façade solution for the residential market, from initial preliminary design to practical site completion, utilising many materials including SFS, glazing, various rain screen systems (including Aluminum, Insulated Render, Zinc, Terracotta, Stone, and Brick), complex feature fascias and copings, and GRC & Precast concrete panels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful Assistant Façade Project Manager may assist the Façade Project Manager/Senior Project Manager on the following duties:
- Preparing scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
- Providing advice on procurement, contracts (JCT), logistics plans, construction plans and conditions
- Preparing and evaluating the contractor and consultant selection process
- Providing, understanding and commenting on documentation, including consultant appointments
- Processing and developing change control documentation
- Attending client meetings and reporting on project progress
- Providing support to Cost Managers on projects
- Providing input into final accounts and insight into loss and expense and LAD claims
- Maintaining clients throughout the course of the project and post practical completion until issues of the defect's liability certificate Requirements for this Assistant Project Manager
- Must have a BSc or MSc in Project Management or a relevant degree.
- Proven ability to communicate confidently with clients, contractors and consultants
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time
- Previous experience working for a construction consultancy or an end client.
- Demonstrate the ability to control and monitor a variety of projects simultaneously.
- A clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneity, ideally within the residential or commercial sectors.
- Previous experience within a main contractor environment.
- Previous experience of working for a top tier facade contractor would be desirable.
- Conversant with CDM and all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Good understanding of façade design basics, ability to interpret documentation produced by others and identify potential issue and/or able to seek and obtain expert input.
- Robust understanding of project planning/construction sequence and dependencies between envelope works and other building elements/components.
- Effective communication skills.
- Robust understanding of commercial, contractual issues and accurate reporting skills.
- A degree qualification is preferred but is not essential.
- Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner