The main contracting arm of the group, Midgard, are in a position to take on talented individuals to their already established organisation and are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be an integral part of our company projects which are valued at up to £350m.
We have an exciting opening for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a high end residential project in Magna Carta Park. The project consists of Building 17 town houses and 16 apartments in Phase 1.
As a thriving, leading contractor we are continuing to expand across London, Manchester and the Midlands with numerous exciting projects pursuing into 2020.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
· Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
· Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
· Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
· Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
· Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
· Monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
· Preparation of contract claims information;
· Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
· Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
· Setting up and maintaining contract files
· Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor, ideally have residential experience.
· Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
· Experienced in both pre and post contract work
· Excellent client facing abilities
· Experience working in new build, high rise residential, commercial
· Has worked on projects valuing over £10M +
· Advanced knowledge using COINS software
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.