Our specialist Industrial and Retail division are recruiting an estimating resource to support the current and expected workload via a mixture of; single and two stage, negotiated and framework procurement opportunities within the Industrial and Retail sectors.
The role provides a great opportunity for an experienced estimator to develop their career into a management/leadership position within a dynamic and responsive company that is supported by an impressive in-house contracting and manufacturing capability.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the successful applicant will be a leading member of the team to develop the commercial strategy on a tender and support the continued growth of the company.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Lead, manage and control all commercial aspects to produce a robust and value for money tender estimate.
· Prepare cost plans and provide budget advice to support feasibility stages of projects.
· Work with our in-house Group companies and supply chain partners to de-risk each project.
· Develop the best net price to undertake the delivery of the works safely to quality and on time.
· Review subcontractor returns both technical and on a first principles cost basis.
· Work with operational, commercial and design leads to produce a robust and competitive set of prelims to enable us to undertake and deliver the works safely, to quality and on time.
· Work with the design lead to obtain competitive and compliant design fee quotes.
· Abstract tender information and prepare bespoke tender enquiry documentation for subcontractor / material enquiries utilising our Causeway estimating software package.
· Act as the principal point of contact to client teams to coordinate the raising and answering of tender stage queries.
· Lead on the identification, management, control and mitigation of project risk during the tender stage.
· Lead the identification, management and control of value engineering during the tender stage.
· Manage the financial aspects of change control during the tender process.
· Assist in ensuring a robust handover to operational teams.
· Attend all feedback and project close out reviews.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
· The successful candidate will have previous experience in either an estimating or senior estimating capacity.
· They will have a proven, demonstrated track record of securing work in the Industrial and Retail sectors via negotiated, single & two stage and frameworks tendering.
· The ability to control and manage cost through the RIBA design stages from feasibility to construction issue information.
· Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc.).
· Be computer literate and have excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office Packages.
Desirable (Not Essential)
· Knowledge of the estimating software ‘Causeway’ and Collaborative software Viewpoint for Projects.
· Relevant degree.
· Knowledge of working within BIM environment.
· Ability to take off quantities up to SMM7 / NMr2 standards.
· Resilient with an open mind set and positive attitude in making things happen.
· Good communication skills with the ability to articulate your position in a clear, accurate and concise manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
· Sense of ownership and pride in the work undertaken.
· Confident and determined with a strong work ethic.
· Work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Be an active team member, fully contributing and taking ownership and responsibility for your contributions to the team.
· Be personable, respectful and supportive of colleagues.
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner