Borehamwood (Head Office)
Cv Recipient Cv Recipient
About JRL Group
The company is looking for a capable Senior Estimator to be part of the pre-construction team and assist in pre-construction and tendering responsibilities. You will be primarily operating within the residential sector private new build tenders. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with over 4 years proven track record in similar sectors of the industry with a background in estimating or quantity surveying.
Candidates will ideally come from a main contractor or developer with prior experience as an Estimator or Senior Estimator and have specific residential sector experience working on new build large residential schemes. They should be computer literate including using Estimating and Microsoft Office software. The Candidate should possess strategic thinking and planning and be a Team Player able to take charge of specific tasks across all disciplines to maintain progress and success. They will have excellent written skills and be an excellent and clear communicator. A priority is the ability to work under pressure and keep a sense of priority.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager the Senior Estimator is responsible for:
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
- Measuring builders quantities and managing the preparation of Bills of Quantities
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities including build costs, preliminaries and fees
- Preparing sub-contract and material enquiries
- Maintaining good relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers
- First principles pricing for selected trades using the company standard outputs
- Leading tender adjudication meetings
- Risk and value management of tenders. This includes spotting, taking advantage of and advising internal teams on potential risks and opportunities in a tender/project.
- Investigate and price Value Engineering cost savings where applicable.
- To attend client presentations and providing information to clients in a professional manner.
- Being the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
- Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project
- Ensuring accurate tracking of all tender documentation
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans
- Measuring and pricing accurate complete cost plans
- Maintaining records and historical data as reference for future cost plan preparation and back checking procured schemes
- Carry out reasonable additional duties as and when required
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all
- 4+ years experience in estimating of design & build contracts
- Residential Apartments experience
- Be qualified to HNC/Diploma/Degree level in Construction /Quantity Surveying
- RICS / CIOB qualifications
- Capable of using On-Screen take off & Conquest estimating software
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org