DESIGN MANAGER – BARKING WHARF – CONSTRUCTION – MAIN CONTRACTOR – MIDGARD – JRL GROUP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager on a scheme in the vibrant town of Barking, East London. The scheme will comprise of 600 PRS apartments across four blocks, value circa £115m.
We are keen to get an experienced Design Manager to join our team to drive the project forward, you can expect from us a dynamic & stimulating environment to work in and fantastic experience working for the JRL Group. As a group project we have 12 of our subsidiaries contracted to this project.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to SDM on performance issues
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
- Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable
- Where nominated control design change process management.
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- Develop and compile the design proposals for inclusion within the contractors documentation
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner