Our Public Sector team is a specialist division of Midgard that focuses on delivering projects within the public sector.
The specialist Public Sector division is now recruiting for an additional estimating resource to support the current and expected workload via a mixture of; single and two stage, negotiated and framework procurement opportunities for public sector organisations and housing associations.
The role provides a great opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to develop their skillset within a dynamic and responsive company that is supported by an impressive in-house contracting and manufacturing capability.
Working across a number of areas but with a strong foothold in Public Sector we have a number of exciting and high profile projects within London with some of the UK's most prestigious clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for reviewing tender documents, assessing scope, risks involved and tender complexity whilst providing feedback to the Senior Estimator
- You will also be assisting in all administration duties to register, catalogue and determine the content of all land bids or tender opportunities within the department
- Calculate and prepare quantities and source sub-contractors & suppliers capable of complying with tenders in coordination with the Estimating team
- In addition to this, you will be providing support to develop and maintain the estimating management systems to ensure accurate cost breakdowns for buying purposes and cash flow forecasts
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute towards the control of budgets within the function, and meeting divisional business plans
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
- Interaction with site teams and senior management
- Collation of tender information to produce a Margin report
- Value Engineering while working closely with the Commercial Director
- Good analytical skills - must be highly numerate
- Knowledge of the Residential sector and Estimating Practice
- Experience of dealing and negotiating with stakeholders at different levels
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Computer literate with a good proven competency in MS Office
Desirable (Not Essential):
- Knowledge of the estimating software ‘Causeway’ and Collaborative software Viewpoint for Projects.
- Relevant degree.
- Knowledge of working within BIM environment.
- Ability to take off quantities up to SMM7 / NMr2 standards.
- Working towards professional qualification CIOB / RICS.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner