Project Quantity Surveyor
The Role & the Company:
McMullen Facades is a leading specialist facade contractor providing full design, fabrication and installation of aluminium curtain wall and window systems for medium and large scale building projects. McMullen have a professional team that “Brings the Architects Designs to Life”. Specialising in fully integrated facade design, we are able to offer our clients and customers a range of high quality, fully tested, facade products which give a “one stop, low risk” exterior facade solution. With over 40 years experience, we have built up a design and engineering expertise that can deliver the most complex of projects. Our expertise extends to providing the highest quality and performance to meet the ever growing aesthetic and environmental demands of the construction industry.
It is an exciting time for McMullen Facades Ltd as our company and industry continues to grow, and as such we strive ourselves to remain as adaptable, motivated and responsive to our new employees as we are to our customers. We pride ourselves on following the company core values – Integrity; Reliability; Passion; Professionalism; Quality; Innovation; People and Community. It is our firm belief that through the adherence and demonstration of these values we can create a better working environment for our people, customers and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quantity Surveyor required to commercially manage façade package works of circa £5m-£25m in value.
- London based projects.
- Responsibility for commercial control, cost reporting, pricing variations and agreeing interim payments (and final accounts) with Main Contractors.
- Based out of Borehamwood and visiting sites in and around London.
- Would be required to visit our factory and office in Northern Ireland as required but typically 1-2 times per month.
- Degree / HNC / HND in a construction related discipline, ideally Quantity Surveying
- GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a building envelope, main or specialist contractor
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline to Quantity Surveying e.g. Building Surveying
- A Level pass in Mathematics (or equivalent)
- HNC/HND in a construction related discipline
- Substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or specialist contractor in a related sector of the industry, i.e.- glazing, cladding, roofing or modular buildings
- Membership of professional body
Salary and package depends on experience.
The closing date is the 28/06/2019
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- Team bonding events
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner