As a result of continued growth, McMullen Facades is looking to add a Planner to their team. You will be an experienced Planner with good product knowledge (Curtain Walling / Unitised Glazing/ Facades / Cladding / Fenestration) and extensive experience working within the construction industry.
McMullen Facades offer a complete façade solution for the Commercial and Residential market, from initial preliminary design and manufacture to practical site completion, utilising many materials including SFS, Stick Curtain Wall, Unitised Glazing, and various rain screen, cladding and fenestration systems.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated Planners.
This is a site/ office based role carrying out the initial planning (Pre-construction) and then monitoring and reporting progress throughout the project cycle..
Other tasks include creating various project specific plans, such as ‘7-day look ahead’ programmes, snagging programmes and the like.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the planning function, which involves creating and managing project schedules at a detailed level.
- Maintain, process and coordinate information from different entities
- Work closely with senior management, project teams, design teams and sub-contractors to maintain accurate and up to date data for different stages of projects.
- Track and evaluate progress of live sites and the pre-construction phases.
- Apply agreed planning standards and ensure they are adopted and embedded across the programmes.
- Be (-come) a HS&E Certified professional to be able to be on sites.
- Familiarize with the cohesion between details and the final products
- Documenting and archiving planning related documents.
- Participating in meetings with Main Contractors, Suppliers etc to discuss the project details
- Liaising with manufacturers, suppliers and site staff for the duration of the project
- Completing other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder’s level assigned by senior staff.
- HNC/HND or degree in a relevant subject
- Experience working with a Specialist façade Sub-Contractor or Main Contractor
- Experienced in full cycle project planning management
- Excellent client facing abilities
- Experience working on high rise residential, commercial or similar sector projects
- Experience working with project planning software (Asta) would be beneficial
McMullen Facades aims to plan out progressive and tailor made career paths for their employees. We’d like you to progress within your role and become an experienced Planner. Knowing the content and recognize causal effects of planning related documents, and potentially develop yourself into a managerial role.
Benefits of the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner