HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR – SITE BASED - CONSTRUCTION - RC FRAME - CONCRETE - JRL
We are looking for a resident Health & Safety Advisor on a new construction site in Nine Elms. Previous experience with an RC Frame contract would be an advantage. This scheme is a £64m RC frame & groundworks in the heart of Vauxhall.
You will be joining a strong and dynamic Health & Safety team, we also have openings for Advisors within our main contracting & piling divisions. We encourage professional and personal development & offer on-the-job training.
We would ask you have a minimum of 3 years+ experience when applying for this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
· Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
· Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
· Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
· Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy;
· Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
· Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
· Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers;
· Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
· Attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
· Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
· Ensure equipment is installed safely;
· Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
· Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
· Minimum of 3+ years in a similar role
· NEBOSH Qualified or other H&S related qualification
· IT skills;
· Attention to detail;
· A flexible approach to work;
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
The JRL Group aims to be an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and to promote respect for the
individual and equality of opportunity. We believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal
merit and contribution throughout their JRL Group career journey. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities
is the strength that helps us achieve our best.