The JRL Group is a highly successful, privately owned, national construction group head quartered in North London. With a turnover in excess of £400m, the business is currently experiencing growth and as such is seeking to strengthen its finance team.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop and enhance their skills and experience. Career progression within the group is a real possibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Complete and review the monthly management accounts for two companies within the wider JRL Group
· Monthly P&L reviews (including detailed gross profit, wages, contract revenue/cost and overhead analysis) and responsible for the collation, review and challenge of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Responsible for maintaining the companies’ sales and purchase ledgers, including:
· Coding and entering purchase ledger invoices and dealing with any invoice queries by liaising with internal management and suppliers.
· Raising supplier payments and updating the cash flow forecast and cash movement schedule on a monthly basis.
· Raising sales invoices/certifications and allocating receipts to invoices. Resolving any sales invoice queries by liaising with internal management and customers.
· Performing bank reconciliations on a regular basis.
· Help lead the monthly financial close process.
· Development of monthly management packs and internal KPI’s and MI.
· Liaising with quantity surveyors and operational teams regarding the financial performance of both contracts and companies.
· Submission of quarterly VAT returns to HMRC for companies responsible for and dealing with any HMRC correspondence including VAT registrations, VAT return queries, etc.
· Production of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts. Helping with additional budgetary tasks.
· Production of year-end audit pack and resolving any audit queries.
· Ad-hoc tasks/projects.
· Qualified/Part-Qualified accountant with 3+ years’ experience working in industry.
· Experience of working in the construction industry preferred.
· Strong communicator and team player
· Ability to challenge the ‘status quo.’
· Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
· To become a recognised user within finance of the COINS accounting system – a successful candidate must be able to get to grips with the COINS accounting system quickly.
· A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Private healthcare
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· In-house barista
· Subsidised meals offered at lunchtimes
· State of the art, two-floor gym
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· Range of gym classes including yoga, pilates, boot camp & muay thai