Vauxhall, Lambeth - Greater London
HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR - CONSTRUCTION - RC FRAME - CONCRETE - JRL
Are you an aspiring Health & Safety Advisor in the Construction Industry who wants to gain further experience outside of their current sector? Our Health & Safety team is fortunate to sit at the heart of the JRL Group, this would give you great exposure to multiple sectors & give you the opportunity to progress yourself within different disciplines.
You would be joining a strong and dynamic Health & Safety team, we have openings for Advisors within our main contracting arm & two of our sub-contractors. We encourage professional and personal development & offer on-the-job training.
We would ask you have a minimum of 3 years+ experience when applying for this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
· Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
· Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
· Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
· Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy;
· Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
· Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
· Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers;
· Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
· Attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
· Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
· Ensure equipment is installed safely;
· Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
· Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
· Minimum of 3+ years in a similar role
· NEBOSH Qualified or other H&S related qualification
· IT skills;
· Attention to detail;
· A flexible approach to work;
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our
employees to participate and contribute.
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner