Managing and overseeing the financial reporting, treasury, taxation and AP/AR functions of several construction companies and investment property companies within the JRL Construction Group. Responsible for maintaining and implementing financial control and driving improvements to financial processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Management of five direct reports who are responsible for the day-to-day running and financial management of companies including general ledger postings and transactions. Overall responsibility for 20 employees; the position reports directly into the Group Finance Director.
· Supervision of the month end process and the production of monthly management accounts for companies responsible for.
· Review of monthly management accounts including detailed monthly P&L reviews and challenge of balance sheet reconciliations, leading to the identification of risks and opportunities. Responsible for ensuring that applicable accounting standards are being adhered to.
· Working closely with four other Group Financial Controllers across the Finance function, who are responsible for treasury, statutory reporting and financial/operating systems.
· Producing accurate and insightful MI and KPI analysis. Production of monthly Board summaries, discussing the financial performance and financial position of companies.
· Review of monthly/quarterly VAT returns submitted to HMRC for all companies and managing any HMRC correspondence including VAT registrations, options to tax, VAT return queries, etc.
· Liaising with commercial teams and quantity surveyors regarding the financial performance of both contracts and companies.
· Responsible for delivering company annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, as well as assisting with additional budgetary tasks, for example Head office recharges.
· Responsible for the submission of company short-term and long-term cash flow forecasts.
· Managing the production of and reviewing year-end audit packs before they are submitted to external auditors. Actively resolving any audit queries.
· Ad-hoc tasks/projects.
· ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with 2+ year post qualified experience.
· Experience of working in the construction industry preferred.
· Strong communicator and leadership skills with proven experience of managing a team.
· Statutory and management reporting background essential. Audit trained preferential.
· Ability to challenge the ‘status quo.’
· Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
· A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner