ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISORS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY WE WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU!
An opening has arisen within our Health, Safety & Environmental team for an enthusiastic environmental advisor who is looking to progress within an established & growing contractor. As a Group function the ideal candidate will have a keen interest across the construction industry & aspire to gain exposure across several disciplines.
Your key function will be to keep up to date with current legislations and implement these when carrying out site inspections across the Group.
For more information speak with a member of the recruitment team on 020 8327 3845.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out environmental audits of construction sites and factories to ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- Attend site start up meetings to establish environmental requirements (e.g. permits/noise, dust, vibration monitoring)
- Apply for project specific licences, permits, Section 61 Agreements etc.
- Issue monthly environmental monitoring reports to the Local Authority and provide updates for client progress reports.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Environment Agency, other Statutory Bodies and residents when necessary.
- Promote best environmental practice and educate the workforce on how to improve environmental performance.
- Proven track record of developing constructive relationships, of influencing change and delivering objectives.
- Assist the project teams with implementation of best environmental practices/innovations on site.
- Strong experience of relevant Operational site and construction site based work.
- Assist with implementation of JRL Group EMS and certification to ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Assist JRL Group with ESOS Compliance/ISO 50001.
- Assist the project team with compilation of BREEAM evidence.
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute