ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISORS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY WE WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU!
An opening has arisen within our Health, Safety & Environmental team for an enthusiastic environmental advisor who is looking to progress within an established & growing contractor. As a Group function the ideal candidate will have a keen interest across the construction industry & aspire to gain exposure across several disciplines. Your key function will be to keep up to date with current legislations and implement these when carrying out site inspections across the Group.
For more information speak with Cait Faughnan or a member of the recruitment team on 020 8327 3845.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise project and site management on the determination of environmentally sound methods of working and systems to identify environmental hazards. Advise upon the production of written method statements and site environmental rules and on the arrangements to bring these to the attention of the workforce.
- Carry out environmental surveys and inspections in conjunction with management to see that statute, codes of practice and method statements are complied with and that only environmentally sound plant, equipment and methods of work are in operation.
- Liaise regularly with the client’s Environment Representatives, CDM co-ordinator, Environment Manager/Advisor on implementation of legal and statuary requirements for environment including codes of practices and client arrangements.
- Assist the Project/Site Manager in facilitating the clients environment audit and monitor preparation and closing out of action plans arising from the audit.
- Keep up to date with environmental legislation, codes of practice and other literature.
- Good environmental practice arising from new developments.
- Carry out regular environmental inspections of sites/factories and advise project and site management on possible improvements.
- Assist and ensure that a documented system is in place which demonstrates that compliance has been achieved to the extent required by the project and that an adequate weight of evidence exists to support this.
- Ensure that legal and statutory requirements for environment including codes of practices are followed and in the case of imminent danger, suspend the operation or activities.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner