The JRL Group are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our dedicated accounts team here in Head Office based in Borehamwood! It is a great opportunity for someone looking to engage in a challenge & start fresh for the new year!
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Complete and review the monthly management accounts for four companies within the wider JRL Group (comprising two construction companies, one scaffolding hire and design company and one IT service provider).
· Monthly P&L reviews (including detailed gross profit, wages, contract revenue/cost and overhead analysis) and responsible for the collation, review and challenge of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Responsible for maintaining the companies’ sales and purchase ledgers, including:
- Coding and entering purchase ledger invoices and dealing with any invoice queries by liaising with internal management and suppliers.
- Raising supplier payments and updating the cash flow forecast and cash movement schedule on a monthly basis.
- Raising sales invoices/certifications and allocating receipts to invoices. Resolving any sales invoice queries by liaising with internal management and customers.
· Performing bank reconciliations on a regular basis.
· Help lead the monthly financial close process.
· Development of monthly management packs and internal KPI’s and MI.
· Liaising with quantity surveyors and operational teams regarding the financial performance of both contracts and companies.
· Submission of quarterly VAT returns to HMRC for companies responsible for and dealing with any HMRC correspondence including VAT registrations, VAT return queries, etc.
· Production of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts. Helping with additional budgetary tasks.
· Production of year-end audit pack and resolving any audit queries.
· Ad-hoc tasks/projects.
· Qualified/Part-Qualified accountant with 3+ years’ experience working in industry.
· Experience of working in the construction industry preferred.
· Strong communicator and team player
· Ability to challenge the ‘status quo.’
· Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
· To become a recognised user within finance of the COINS accounting system – a successful candidate must be able to get to grips with the COINS accounting system quickly.
· A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner