A vacancy currently exists for a Transport Planner. Reporting to the Head of Transport, you will be responsible for supervising the safe, profitable and compliant operation of the transport department. The role includes working closely with the other members of the team and contributing to maintaining excellent management of the operation whilst seeking constant improvements to service and profitability.
Role & Responsibilities:
· High quality scheduling and allocation of work to be completed daily across all collection modes i.e Skip, RoRo and grab trucks.
· Communicating directly with customers to ensure the highest levels of service are achieved and maintained.
· Controlling drivers throughout the day to monitor their progress and take necessary measures to ensure that the work is completed each day.
· Daily use of operational system (Weighsoft) to ensure all work is completed.
· Allocate and issue certificates for Crane Tested Skips for drivers ensuring there is a suitable amount of time left on them before sending them out to customer site.
· Ensuring daily driver debriefs are carried out for Trade Waste collections upon the drivers’ return to the office.
· Be actively aware of vehicle maintenance and repairs required, reporting any issues daily to the Head of Transport.
· Maintain driver records electronically and in paper format.
· Excellent knowledge of London and the challenges of planning routes across the city
· Self-motivated with a friendly and approachable manner.
· Ambitious and confident with a real 'can-do' attitude.
· Self-assured communicator, both verbal and written.
· Good team player - you will be required to work with a range of personnel internally and externally.
· Work well under pressure and to set timelines in a professional manner.
· Full driving licence.
· Transport Management CPC a major advantage
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
· At least three years’ experience of working in the Waste Management and Recycling industry in a transport orientated role.
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Private healthcare
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· In-house barista
· Subsidised meals offered at lunchtimes
· State of the art, two-floor gym
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· Range of gym classes including yoga, pilates, boot camp & muay thai