Silvertown, Newham - Greater London
The JRL Group is a highly successful, privately owned, national construction group head quartered in North London.
A Transport Planner is required in Silvertown for a large reputable national construction company to collect and deliver various construction materials such as formwork, precast, steel, tower cranes and modular buildings etc. throughout the UK.
With a turnover of in excess of £360 million, the company is currently experiencing growth and as such seeks to strengthen our teams. You will ensure high standards of customer service and legal compliance at all times.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the General Haulage office to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Accurately process all jobs within transport management software.
- Process drivers weekly run sheets, job allocations and POD's
- Communicating with drivers, customers and Sub-Contractors.
- Assist with the day to day planning.
- Provide quotations for customers.
- Assist drivers with job information and problems.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Full, clean Driving License and current/working digi tacho card.
- Good geographical knowledge of the greater London Area.
- Experience of moving loads such as Construction materials and muckaway
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Driver Qualification Card/Driver CPC.
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Good understanding of Driver’s Hours and WTD regulations
- Ability to complete paper work accurately
Benefits of the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner