Quantity Surveyor - Drylining
London, City of London - Greater London
An exciting opportunity within our Drylining division has arisen for an Intermediate/Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior Quantity Surveyor who is capable and innovative and has worked on major schemes as some of the packages we are currently on are worth in excess of £15m.
We have recently won several new construction projects across Central London & want to give an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has experience working with either a Sub or Main Contractor the opportunity to join the already established team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- Monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- Preparation of contract claims information;
- Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- Setting up and maintaining contraSupervising junior staff on take-offs, site measures, valuations.
- Producing major tenders.
- Reviewing tenders produced by junior staff.
- Preparing applications for payment.
- Producing cost-value report
- Minimum of 4-6 years Quantity Surveying experience
- Knowledge & interest in the Construction industry
- Ideally the right candidate will have either Drylining or Facades experience, both would be advantageous.
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner