Senior Designer - Piling
SENIOR DESIGNER – DESIGN ENGINEER – SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER – PILING – BOREHAMWOOD – GREAT OPPORTUNITY
A new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer has arisen within our Piling division, JRL Civil Engineering.
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to take a lead role in our Design team based in Head Office, London.
You will ideally have 8+ years’ experience in Design & Engineering and extensive knowledge and experience in the piling sector.
In return you’ll be given the opportunity to implement new ideas, have a heavy involvement with new construction projects from pre-construction stage to completion & have the chance to mentor junior designers assisting the team.
We have become an industry leader in the installation of CFA, Rotary, CSP, Retaining & Secant Walls and Working Platforms & work closely with some of the UK’s largest contractors. We have a strong presence in the London market and are currently securing contracts in Manchester and the midlands.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Carry out pile designs for bearing piles and retaining walls to relevant Eurocodes/British Standards, execution codes and guidance documents independently
- Develop foundation solutions to provide most cost effective option
- Derive and interpret design parameters from soil investigation reports
- Check and review work of more junior engineers and peers
- Carryout design of working platform to BRE470
- Support operations with design input as necessary
- Provide commercial team with information concerning design changes
- Significant experience in piling design
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards, execution codes and guidance documents
- Able to lead and review work of more junior design engineers
- The ability to work under their own initiative
- Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience in a senior technical role and extensive knowledge of the piling design (soil & rock)
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner