Based in Hertfordshire, JRL Civil Engineering Ltd are a specialist geotechnical contractor specialising in the design and construction of piled foundations and retaining walls.
Since our inception 2005, we have fast become an industry leader in the installation of Continuous Flight Auger (CFA) and rotary bored piles. We also work closely with some of the UK's largest companies, including Network Rail and London Underground. We also have our own in-house design department. This means we can offer detailed and bespoke engineering options to our Clients.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their core skills and gain experience working on some of London’s larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
Career progression within the group is a real possibility.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts, spend profiles and budget reports and present to Project Manager / Senior QS
· Assist with preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
· On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
· Accurate cost profiling to advise client on anticipated spend
· Assisting in the estimating process by sending out subcontract enquiries to facilitate building up of the project budget
· Ability to communicate effectively with designers and engineers during the project to ensure we are applying the most effective approach especially during the subcontract preparation stage
· Prepare, review and complete sub-contract documentation
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
· The ability to work under their own initiative
· Strong client interface skills
· Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role and technical knowledge of the piling sector
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner