ARK M&E are recruiting for a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the current team within the London office.This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen the Quantity Surveying team.
The role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to develop in all core Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects, for a number of clients across a variety of sectors.The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project, specialising in Mechanical and Electrical installations.
With a number of flagship projects live across London and a healthy pipeline of work running into 2020, this is a great opportunity to join a leading contractor while we are investing in our MEP commercial team.
Experience working within the residential sector is required for this role along with managing multiple projects at the same time.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience working on some of London’s larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
Career progression within the group is a real possibility.
You duties and responsibilities will encompass the full range of QS duties, including (not limited to):
· To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
· Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
· Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
· Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
· Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
· Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
· Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
· Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
· Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
· Assistance with procurement of capital plant and sub-contract packages, reviewing specifications and Employer Requirements, to ensure compliance.
· Preparation, reviewing & agreement of Monthly Applications.
· Submission & agreement of variations.
· Internal CVR’s.
· Budget forecasting.
· Cost Planning in the design stage of construction to budget
Desired Skills and Experience:
You will have experience in all of the above duties and responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor, as well as:
· You must have experience gained with either a Sub contractor, Main Contractor or specialist M&E Contractor as a M&E Quantity Surveyor
· You must have experience of managing Mechanical and Electrical packages to £20m
· Experience in a pre-contract role is essential
· Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or construction discipline
· Chartered member of construction body is preferred or on course to complete
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.