London, City of London - Greater London
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER – ARK M&E – LONDON - CONSTRUCTION
ARK M&E provide solutions for a variety of M&E elements involved in the construction of large, complex buildings including data and communications cabling, HV & LV installations, air conditioning, heating and cold water service.
As a result of its continued growth, our ARK M&E division is looking to add an experienced QA Manager to its team.
You will be an experienced QA Manager with good product knowledge and with extensive experience working within the construction industry.
The Quality Assurance Manager’s position will be a multi-site role taking responsibility for undertaking project site inspections and audits, reporting, maintaining the JRL Group Quality Management System (QMS) requirements and providing support to the wider project teams including both internal and external parties.
Other tasks include creating weekly and monthly reports on project performance and other reports defined by the quality function.
The QA Manager role is split between Head Office, (one to three days a fortnight collating reports and other administration activities) with the remainder of time visiting project sites and satellite offices.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Working with the directors and project management to assist in the development, implementation and management of best practice business processes
· Providing guidance to the project team on the client’s quality expectations and assist in development of the project delivery strategy to maintain and ultimately exceed those requirements (Zero Defects / Right First Time etc.)
· Monitor and manage project compliance with the company management QA system
· Interact with various levels of management and staff in conducting interviews and testing internal process
· Liaison with clients to understand their business needs
· that processes in line with the JRL Group Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, maintained and communicated
· Review and report on compliance of all aspects of the QMS, its effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement as appropriate
· Matching processes with standards
· Generation and maintenance of management and technical reports
· Undertaking root cause analysis of common issues arising from non-conformance; identify corrective and preventive measures to project teams and report on implementation
· Collating and sharing of statistics and Key performance indicators (KPIs)
· Site inspections and monitoring of construction works and materials
· Dealing with any issues that arise with customers or projects
· Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
· Co-coordinating all business activities to meet quality standards
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• HNC/HND or degree in a relevant subject
• Lead / Internal Auditor qualification (ISO 45001 or 9001 preferred)
• Professional member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQP MCQI) an advantage.
• Proven experience working within either a consultancy or developer environment
• Proven experience in both pre and post contract work
• Experience working on residential, commercial or similar sector projects;
Specifically after cladding, curtain walling and/or roofing experience
• Experience of generating and maintaining Quality Management Systems (QMS), including KPI generation and monitoring
• Development and management of project / company quality audits and inspections
• Excellent client facing abilities
• Creation of analytical reports, implementation of actions plans
• Strong ability to prioritise under pressure and be highly organised
• JCT Design & Build experience
Benefits of working the with JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Company Sporting Events