MEP DESIGN ENGINEER – MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL – OPPORTUNITIES
Calling all creative Design Engineers specialising in MEP, we at Ark M&E have fantastic opportunities within our Design & engineers teams. We work on M&E projects up to £40m on some of London’s most exciting landmark schemes.
We want to hear from ambitious individuals who are hungry to develop with an established and growing tier 1 contractor.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Be responsible of delivering a project with a value up to £20 million.
• Be able to create, edit and review: Technical Submissions, Request For Information documents, Material Requisitions, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other project related documents.
• Be able to review Specifications, Employer Requirements, to ensure compliance.
• Have a good working knowledge of electrical and mechanical installation and possess technical qualifications in at least one of the disciplines.
• Possess health and safety awareness and a form of qualification reflecting H&S training.
• Be able to review programmes and edit for reporting. Asta experience would be a plus.
• Provide accurate reports on time and have great communication skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work with the site team.
• Good practical working knowledge of Microsoft office software, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Have a high level of commercial awareness, and work closely with Quantity Surveyors for financial reporting, whilst being cost focused for procurement and managing ongoing project spending.
• Show good contractual understanding both toward clients and sub-contractors.
• Residential experience required.
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge/qualifications in Electrical Building Services Engineering design
· Autodesk CAD and Microsoft Office packages
· Experience of site works including mechanical condition surveys and snagging/inspection during construction works, experience of commissioning witnessing
· Experience in specification writing (NBS or NES type) would be beneficial
· Experience in thermal modelling/EPC assessment would be beneficial
· Experience of sustainable design solutions
· Knowledge and application of Building Regulations (Part L, Part F etc.) and appropriate British Standards (heating, natural gas, pipework systems etc.)
· Knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work/BSRIA Building Services Design Framework process
· Ability to manage workload of multiple projects and prioritise workload
· Working as part of a team or autonomously
· Writing and verbal communications
· Analysing and problem solving
· Membership of professional engineering institution (CIBSE/IMechE/IET) – preferred but not essential. We will support candidates looking to progress to CEng/IEng or EngTech level
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Death in Service
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.