Mechanical Project Manager
London, City of London - Greater London
Are you a Mechanical Project Manager looking for a new role with a leading tier one M&E contractor? Do you want to work on projects up to £40 million M&E?
As the Mechanical Project Manager you will be exposed to leading the team on services for projects. On a day to day basis you will guide the project delivery team and participate in bid activity when required.
Typical developments consist of a mixture of commercial shell & core, commercial fit out and high end residential projects. This role will consist of managing from pre-construction of procurement, delivery, commission and handover for all M&E services.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Receive estimate from estimator
- Attend pre-order meeting
- Address all H&S issues: risk assessments, H&S plans etc.
- Possess SMSTS & CSCS Card
- Produce and agree project programme
- Coordinate services with other trades
- Liaise with in house CAD technicians and design engineers
- Review technical aspects of system proposals
- Procure tube and fittings
- Source and procure plant items: air handling units, boiler etc.
- Source and procure sub-contractors: ductwork, controls, insulation, air conditioning , plumbing & pipework
- Check and sign off invoices
- Manage site operatives
- Attend project meeting
- Snag and quality control installation
- Manage all commissioning activities
- Prepare and submit monthly applications
- Prepare and submit variations
Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills :
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services
- Project Management experience running projects up to £10-15 million M&E value
- Commercial Shell & Core or Fit-Out Experience
- Managing of sub-contractors
- Managing of site mangers & subordinates
- Commission & handover
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Team bonding events