Our successes began servicing our main contracting arm, Midgard Ltd offering complete M&E solutions from design to completion. ARK M&E formally launched in 2013 and since then has repeatedly grown its turnover year on year building an impressive portfolio of projects in excess of £40m.
We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Estimator. Successful candidates will become part of the existing ARK M&E team. They must possess the enthusiasm and drive to efficiently deliver all aspects of the estimating process.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the Estimating team with Mechanical bids and tenders.
- Prepare and submit prime cost estimates utilising Enterpise Estimating Software.
- Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare estimates.
- Identify and provide alternative design proposals, solutions and value engineering options.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Support and encourage junior team members.
- Monitor targets and workflow.
- Control and organise tender documentation.
- Perform other duties at managements' discretion.
Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills :
- A sound technical knowledge of Mechanical systems essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Estimating supported by current qualifications.
- Knowledge of the construction industry essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Enterprise Estimating and On-screen take off.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy.
- Further academic workplace training may be available for the right candidate.
- Willingness to be flexible within the working day and management of targets.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.