The JRL Group is a dynamic & innovative, national construction group constructed of 14+ divisions across civils, build and the built environment allowing us to offer a full turnkey service under one roof and are ever expanding. Since 1996 we have grown from a business specialising in sub and super structures to a multi-million pound construction group head quartered in North London housing offices in Putney, Manchester, the Midlands and Belfast.
Our successes began servicing our main contracting arm, Midgard Ltd offering complete M&E solutions from design to completion. ARK M&E formally launched in 2013 and since then has repeatedly grown its turnover year on year building an impressive portfolio of projects in excess of £40m.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their estimating skills and gain experience working on some of London’s larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Estimator. Successful candidates will become part of the existing ARK M&E team. They must possess the enthusiasm and drive to efficiently deliver all aspects of the estimating process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Estimating team with bids and tenders.
- Prepare and submit prime cost estimates.
- Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare estimates.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Monitor targets and workflow.
- Control and organise tender documentation.
- Provide office administration support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills :
- A sound Technical knowledge of Mechanical systems essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Estimating supported by current qualifications.
- Knowledge of the construction industry essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Enterprise Estimating and On-screen take off.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy.
- Further academic workplace training may be available for the right candidate.
- Willingness to be flexible within the working day and management of targets.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner