Mechanical Engineer/ Site Manager
We are currently on the lookout for a Mechanical Engineer for our ARK M&E division who typically run High End Residential Projects with Shell & Core packages.
The role will involve project management for a £10 million pound M&E residential development in London. The development consists of a mix of social and private housing with local leisure and amenity buildings.
The ideal candidate will be managing mechanical labour and subcontractors, ordering and tracking of materials, producing technical submittals and general management duties.
As a thriving, leading contractor we are continuing to expand across London, Manchester and the Midlands with numerous exciting projects pursuing into 2020.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing of mechanical sub-contractors and direct labour
- General material procurement
- Undertake all works in accordance with the SLA and KPI's, site policies Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Oversee on-site contractors, ensuring their work is satisfactorily completed in line with RAM's and contract SLA's.
- Respond to defects, faults and client requests. Work with others to identify root causes to prevent re occurrence.
- Maintain records; produce simple reports as required.
- Ensure all planned maintenance tasks are completed within the designated time period to enable full compliance.
- Proactively identify material requirements completing appropriate paperwork in a timely manner to enable service delivery.
- Regularly undertake day tech and shift office duties and responsibilities as required
You will need the below to be suitable for this role:
- Have come from a Mechanical trades or academic (HNC/ Degree) background
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- At least 5 years' experience working in engineering role
- Experience of both design and construction
- Have experience managing Mechanical packages in excess of £5 million * Experience in managing a large site team * Hold a SMSTS/ CSCS card
- Have the ability to work individually and as part of a team
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner