M&E Quantity Surveyor
London, City of London - Greater London
Are you an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor looking for a new role with a leading tier one M&E contractor? Do you want to work on projects up to £20million M&E?
A Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor ( M&E / MEP ), is required to support the professional services and project based teams on circa, £20 million pound M&E residential developments in and around London.
Experience working within the residential sector is required for this role along with managing multiple projects at the same time.
With a number of flagship projects live across London and a healthy pipeline of work running into 2020, this is a great opportunity to join while we are investing in our MEP commercial team.
You duties and responsibilities will encompass the full range of QS duties, including (not limited to):
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Assistance with procurement of capital plant and sub-contract packages, reviewing specifications and Employer Requirements, to ensure compliance.
- Preparation, reviewing & agreement of Monthly Applications.
- Submission & agreement of variations.
- Internal CVR’s.
- Budget forecasting.
- Cost Planning in the design stage of construction to budget
Desired Skills and Experience:
You will have experience in all of the above duties and responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor, as well as:
- You must have experience gained with either a Sub contractor, Main Contractor or specialist M&E Contractor as a M&E Quantity Surveyor
- You must have experience of managing Mechanical and Electrical packages to £20m
- Experience in a pre-contract role is essential
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or construction discipline
- Chartered member of construction body is preferred or on course to complete
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.