Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer looking to progress your career with a reputable M&E contractor on prestigious landmark schemes in London?
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our well-established team working on various projects. Working alongside our successful teams here, ARK M&E will give you the opportunity to gain experience as well as new skills to help you progress further and develop within the company & industry overall.
Whilst pushing you to perform your best, we offer great guidance & support to improve your career path with fantastic facilities such as a dedicated training & development department & various training courses.
As a thriving, leading contractor we are continuing to expand across London, Manchester and the Midlands with numerous exciting projects pursuing into 2020.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Defining the installation requirements of electrical systems and components
· Responsible for undertaking electrical services design including lighting, small power, fire alarms, CCTV and security system
· Preparation and configuration of standard and custom wiring drawings
· Performing electrical load analysis
· The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
· Supporting Mechanical Design Engineers within the group with guidance on electrical issues
· Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries
· HV/ LV designing
· Producing lighting and cable calculations using Amtech and Dialux
· Coordinate with the 2D and 3D CAD and Revit MEP teams to create models
· Perform the role of Electrical Design Lead at internal and external design review meetings.
· Supervising and mentoring an electrical design team to ensure the quality of the design output and achievement of deadlines throughout the project.
· Evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge/qualifications in Mechanical Building Services Engineering design
· Autodesk CAD and Microsoft Office packages
· Experience of site works including mechanical condition surveys and snagging/inspection during construction works, experience of commissioning witnessing
· Experience in specification writing (NBS or NES type) would be beneficial
· Experience in thermal modelling/EPC assessment would be beneficial
· Experience of sustainable design solutions
· Knowledge and application of Building Regulations (Part L, Part F etc.) and appropriate British Standards (heating, natural gas, pipework systems etc.)
· Knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work/BSRIA Building Services Design Framework process
· Ability to manage workload of multiple projects and prioritise workload
· Working as part of a team or autonomously
· Writing and verbal communications
· Analysing and problem solving
· Membership of professional engineering institution (CIBSE/IMechE/IET) – preferred but not essential. We will support candidates looking to progress to CEng/IEng or EngTech level
Benefits of working for the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· In-house barista
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner