Ark Mechanical and Electrical Services Limited was established by the Directors of the JRL Group to undertake the growing need for an M&E installation division to complement the other JRL Group Companies. Due to the success of the business this new position of Assistant Mechanical Estimator has been created to support the current Estimating Team.
From the smallest task of installing site temporaries to the substantial installation of high end residential developments, all of our work is carried out to the highest standard and with the utmost levels of customer service and care.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Support the Estimating team with bids and tenders.
· Prepare and submit prime cost estimates.
· Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare estimates.
· Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
· Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
· Monitor targets and workflow.
· Control and organise tender documentation.
· Provide office administration support.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of Mechanical systems preferred but not essential.
· Knowledge of the construction industry preferred but not essential.
· Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, including being a competent user of Excel and Word.
· Previous customer service experience.
· Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
· Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy.
· Strong GCSE grades in Maths and English (or equivalent).
· Further academic workplace training may be available for the right candidate.
· Willingness to be flexible within the working day and management of targets.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Team bonding events
· We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
· Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner