Assistant Mechanical Estimator
We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Mechanical Estimator to join our ARK M&E division.
As part of a well-established team the right Assistant Mechanical Estimator will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their estimating skills and gain experience working on some of London’s larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
They must possess the enthusiasm and drive to efficiently deliver all aspects of the estimating process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Estimating team with Mechanical bids and tenders.
- Prepare and submit prime cost estimates utilising Enterpise Estimating Software.
- Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare estimates.
- Identify and provide alternative design proposals, solutions and value engineering options.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Support and encourage junior team members.
- Monitor targets and workflow.
- Control and organise tender documentation.
- Perform other duties at managements' discretion.
Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills :
- A sound technical knowledge of Mechanical systems essential.
- Ideally 1 - 2 years’ experience in Mechanical Estimating supported by current qualifications.
- Knowledge of the construction industry - preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Enterprise Estimating and On-screen take off.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy.
- Further academic workplace training may be available for the right candidate.
- Willingness to be flexible within the working day and management of targets.
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner