Assistant M&E Quantity Surveyor
Are you an aspiring Junior Quantity Surveyor looking to progress your career with an established M&E contractor on prestigious landmark schemes in London?
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our well-established team on our project in Tower Hill. This is a mixed use project with a £100m value and 274 residential units. The M&E programme has another 12 months to run.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most successful M&E quantity surveyors/commercial managers in London. You will gain experience and tips that will help you progress within the industry. You will also have the chance to have ongoing professional training and development.
With a number of flagship projects live across London and a healthy pipeline of work running into 2020, this is a great opportunity to join a leading contractor while we are investing in our MEP commercial team.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience working on some of London’s larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
Career progression within the group is a real possibility.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value
- Helping clients to understand the potential costs of construction projects
- Assisting the team with producing cost plans
- Assisting the team with measurements and valuations
- Assisting with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project
- Agreeing changes to costs during construction
- Involvement in our specialist M&E Academy scheme which will provide you with the knowledge and training to specialise in this subject
- Use their own time to study outside of the nominated study day
- Assist with building the M&E benchmarking cost models and contacting industry specialists
- Build your own network within the industry
- Supporting other peers in the M&E Academy scheme and work as a team to achieve yearly targets and goals
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- An interest in construction & the built environment, particularly in Mechanical and Electrical Installations.
- Have a good head for numbers & enjoys working with IT.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Enjoys a challenge & has good problem-solving skills.
- Organised & the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Dedicated Training & Development Department
- Team bonding events
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
- In-house barista
- Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
- We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner