Modern Slavery Policy
Modern Slavery is an abhorrent and heinous violation of fundamental human rights. The offences of 'slavery', servitude, forced or compulsory labour' and 'human trafficking is a criminal offence under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The Board of JRL Group fully support the eradication of this crime and have a zero-tolerance policy towards Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking and the exploitation of others for personal or commercial gain.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
The company will:
- Monitor suppliers and subcontractors both in the UK and in the country of origin of manufacture with the aim of checking that fair wages are paid and·that working conditions are acceptable and that employees are free to leave their employment.
- Check that all personnel working on our sites are entitled to work in the UK by reviewing original passports, visa, taxation and other relevant documentation.
- Monitor that all personal working on our sites are paid appropriately and at least the minimum wage set by the government, and are free to leave their employment.
- Provide training on this policy to all our employees.
- Communicate our Modern Slavery Policy to all our subcontractors, joint venture partners, consultants, and other agents, third party representatives and business partners at the outset of our business relationship and appropriately thereafter.
- Introduce a contractual provision for all suppliers to confirm their adherence to this policy and accept our right to audit their activities and (where practicable) relationships, both routinely and at times of reasonable suspicion.
- Encourage the reporting of concerns and safeguard individuals in accordance with our Whistleblowing Policy
- Annually provide a Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
The policy is in compliance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery ACT 2015, and will be reviewed and updated annually.
The following link will take you to our Modern Slavery Policy Statement December 2018
Modern Slavery Policy Statement December 2018